Wednesday, April 11, 2007

There's nothing more entertaining than men in drag!

Yesterday we went to see the Rocky Horror Show; how much fun is that! The cast, audience and whole experience were fantastic, if a little surreal. I've dressed in drag a number of times in the past (don't ask!) On this occasion I decided it was about time I looked damn cool instead, so I went as Eddie (played by Meatloaf in the film version). This costume also offered the bonus of being able to aquire a free leather jacket.





Everyone who has seen this photo has said I look like Gerard Way. Hmm, maybe. The whole experience has re-opened a question which has troubled me for a number of years... can I get away with wearing 'guy-liner' on a more frequent basis!? Any comments on this deeply troubling issue are welcome!

Whilst we're on the subject of dancing in dodgy clothes, I can't help posting this music video. It's just like being in the 80's again. It's the Wombats - Backfire at the Disco.



In between trips to the theatre this week I've been trying to prepare for a DJ set I'm doing next Tuesday (more details to follow soon). I'm trying to avoid allowing myself to listen to any stupidly obscure music and been digging out songs which people are more likely to be able to sing along to. One song which has been playfully bashing at my eardrums over the last few days is Charlotte by Air Traffic. The forthcoming tour with The Pigeon Detectives should be pretty damn hot. I was pleased to see that they've created a music video which is worthy of acompanying the song.



Great news, there's more eye candy today! We have some new art work.



Many thanks to Cerian for this aesthetic beauty. Check out her website.

The Wombats Website
The Wombats Myspace
Air Traffic Website
Air Traffic Myspace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I saw the photo and nodded my head at the effort thinking 'Not bad. Guess he reminds me of that character. Well he reminds me of someone...' And then I read the Gerard Way comment and was like 'Oh yeah, thats definately who I was thinking of...' Gutted for you :)
cx