Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Azwel

Having slaved at my computer all day today, I was after some melodic indie-pop to listen to this evening. My needs were met by the soft sounds of Azwel. This one man and his guitar act is New Yorker Jason Perrillo. Since 2003, Jason already has independantly produced 7 albums and has a load of b-sides under his belt too!

Make It Known - MP3 Download

The songs strongly reflect a number of brit-pop influences, to the extent that at times it feels like the notes got lost on their way to that 80's/90's era. I promised myself never to use the word 'nice' in a review, but Azwel is nice. Unfortunately for Azwel, nice is a word people use to describe things which they like, but aren't sufficiently interested in to merit thinking of more advanced adjectives.

Most of Aswell's music can be downloaded, completely free and legally from his official website.

Azwell Website
Azwell Myspace

No comments: