Sunday, September 09, 2007

Praise the drummer

I have no idea how this Cadburys advert relates to the product in any way, but it's still a great advert!



I love it and it motivated me to do a piece on drummers. Since the track on the advert was Genesis the obvious place to start is Phil Collins. Below is an amazing 6 minute duet with Chester Thompson.



Whilst researching this post I looked up a number of drummers from big bands of recent years. I tried to decide upon one to put show a video of. In the end I picked none of them and instead went for Stevie Wonder. Ok, it's not the tightest piece of drumming you will ever hear, but it's pretty damn hot, and it's STEVIE WONDER!



Below are two videos of the 1990s, who were ace at Wireless this summer. The drums are the engine of this band, which combined with some catchy rifts makes for some damn good songs.



Above: You Made Me Like It
Below: See You At The Lights (New single)



1990s Myspace

If you want more drums scroll down and check out Cerians previous piece on Danananakroyd.

No comments: